Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Pt 5 North and South..Yahudah Exiled first south into Africa then into west of theNations

[email protected]
Site Owner

{Yahudah Exiled first south into Africa then into west of theNations}

Joel 3: 1 “For look, in those days and at that time, when I turn back the captivity of Yehuḏah and Yerushalayim, 2 then I shall gather all gentiles, and bring them down to the Valley of Yehoshaphat. And I shall enter into judgment with them there for My people, My inheritance Yisra’ĕl, whom they have scattered among the gentiles, and they have divided up My land. 3 “And they have cast lots for My people, and have given a young man for a whore, and sold a girl for wine, and drank it. 4 “And also, what are you to Me, O Tsor and Tsiḏon, and all the coasts of Philistia? Are you repaying Me? And if you are repaying Me, I would swiftly and speedily return your reward on your own head. 5 “For you have taken My silver and My gold, and brought My treasures into your temples, 6 and the people of Yehuḏah and the people of Yerushalayim you have sold to the sons of Yawan, to remove them far from their borders. 7 “See, I am stirring them up out of the place to which you have sold them, and I shall return on your own head what you have done, 8 and shall sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the people of Yehuḏah, and they shall sell them to the Sheḇaites, to a nation far off. For yhwh has spoken.” 9 Proclaim this among the gentiles, “Prepare for battle! Wake up the mighty men, let all the men of battle draw near, let them come up. 10 “Beat your ploughshares into swords and your pruning-hooks into spears, let the weak say, ‘I am strong.’ ” 11 Hasten and come, all you gentiles, and gather together all around. O yhwh, let Your mighty men come down here. 12 “Let the gentiles be aroused, and come up to the Valley of Yehoshaphat. For there I shall sit to judge all the gentiles on every side. 13 “Put in the sickle, for the harvest has grown ripe. Come, go down, for the winepress is filled, the vats overflow, for their evil is great.” 14 Crowds, crowds in the valley of decision! For the day of yhwh is near in the valley of decision. 15 Sun and moon shall become dark, and stars shall withdraw their brightness. 16 And yhwh shall roar from Tsiyon, and give forth His voice from Yerushalayim. And the heavens and earth shall shake, but yhwh shall be a refuge for His people, and a stronghold for the children of Yisra’ĕl. 17 “Then you shall know that I am yhwh your Elohim, dwelling in Tsiyon, My set-apart mountain*n1. And Yerushalayim shall be set-apart, and foreigners shall not pass through her again. 18 “And it shall be in that day that the mountains drip with new wine, and the hills flow with milk. And all the streams of Yehuḏah shall be flooded with water, and a fountain flow from the House of yhwh and water the wadi Shittim. 19 “Mitsrayim shall become a ruin, and Eḏom a ruin, a wilderness, because of violence done to the people of Yehuḏah, whose innocent blood they shed in their land. 20 “But Yehuḏah shall dwell forever, and Yerushalayim to all generations. 21 “And I shall avenge their blood, which I have not avenged. And yhwh shall be dwelling in Tsiyon!”

ObadiYah

1 The vision of Oḇaḏyah: This is what the Master yhwh said concerning Eḏom. We have heard a report from yhwh, and a messenger has been sent among the nations, saying, “Arise, and let us rise up against her for battle!” 2 “See, I have made you small among the nations, you are greatly despised. 3 “The pride of your heart has deceived you, you who dwell in the clefts of the rock, whose dwelling is high, who say in your heart, ‘Who shall bring me down to the ground?’ 4 “Though you rise high as the eagle, and though you set your nest among the stars, from there I shall bring you down,” declares yhwh. 5 “If thieves came to you, if robbers by night, how ruined you would have been! Would they not steal till they had enough? If grape-gatherers had come to you, would they not leave gleanings? 6 “How Ěsaw shall be searched out! His hidden treasures shall be sought out! 7 “All your allies shall send you forth to the border, your friends shall deceive you and overpower you. They make your bread a snare under you, without you discerning it! 8 “In that day,” declares yhwh, “I shall destroy the wise men from Eḏom, and discernment from the mountains of Ěsaw! 9 “And your mighty men shall be discouraged, O Tĕman, so that everyone from the mountains of Ěsaw is cut off by slaughter. 10 “Because of your violence against your brother Ya‛aqoḇ, let shame cover you. And you shall be cut off forever. 11 “In the day that you stood on the other side, in the day that strangers took captive his wealth, when foreigners entered his gates and cast lots for Yerushalayim, you also were like one of them! 12 “And you should not have looked on your brother’s day in the day of his estrangement, nor rejoiced over the children of Yehuḏah in the day of their destruction, nor made your mouth great in the day of distress, 13 nor have entered the gate of My people in the day of their calamity, nor looked down on their evil in the day of their calamity, nor have seized their wealth in the day of their calamity, 14 nor have stood at the parting of the way to cut off his fugitives, nor handed over his survivors in the day of distress. 15 “For the day of yhwh is near upon all the gentiles. As you have done, it shall be done to you, your reward shall come back on your own head. 16 “For as you have drunk on my set-apart mountain, so do all the gentiles drink continually. And they shall drink and shall swallow, and they shall be as though they had never been. 17 “But on Mount Tsiyon there shall be an escape*n1, and they shall be set-apart. And the house of Ya‛aqoḇ shall possess their possessions. 18 “And the house of Ya‛aqoḇ shall be a fire, and the house of Yosĕph a flame, but the house of Ěsaw for stubble. And they shall burn among them and they shall consume them, so that no survivor is left of the house of Ěsaw.” For yhwh has spoken. 19 And they shall possess the South with the mountains of Ěsaw, and low country with the Philistines. And they shall possess the fields of Ephrayim and the fields of Shomeron, and Binyamin with Gil‛aḏ, 20 and the exiles of this host of the children of Yisra’ĕl possess that of the Kena‛anites as far as Tsarephath, and the exiles of Yerushalayim who are in Sepharaḏ possess the cities of the South. 21 And saviours shall come to Mount Tsiyon to judge the mountains of Ěsaw. And the reign shall belong to yhwh*n2.

--

June 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.
  • undefined
    undefined
  • undefined
    undefined
  • undefined
    undefined
  • undefined
    undefined
  • undefined
    undefined
  • undefined
    undefined

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.